Want to be a Beta Reader?

Would you like to be a beta reader? Sign up to our mailing list, for the opportunity to receive a three spread sample of the book to read to your little one and provide feedback. I expect to have the sample ready for beta reading by the end of June.

Friday, April 10, 2015

First Draft of Book Text

So, I've finished with the first draft of the book text. The four key pieces are represented below (the chart is UML, the lines that start with BigBadWolf.Says and similar are pseudo C, the lines that start with // are English, and the quote below the chart will live in a text bubble). You can see the full first attempt, in all it's flaws, here. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback. I feel like I am doing something off the beaten trail here, so feedback will help me make it functional.



Big Bad Wolf: "Then I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house down."

bool BigBadWolf.BlowsHouse(Pig LittlePig)
{
        //The Big Bad Wolf says “Then I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll blow your house down.”
        BigBadWolf.Says(“Then I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll blow your house down.”);
        //The Big Bad Wolf huffs and puffs.
        BigBadWolf.HuffAndPuff();
        //The Big Bad blows Little Pig Red’s house.
        if(BigBadWolf.BlowsHouseDown(LittlePig))
        {
                //It is true. The Big Bad Wolf blows the straw house down.
                return true;
        }
        else
        {
                return false;
        }
}

No comments:

Post a Comment